Children's Fund Grants
The UPA Children's Fund supports projects that serve orphaned, disabled, and impoverished Palestinian children living in the West Bank (including East Jerusalem), the Gaza Strip and refugee camps in Lebanon and Jordan. The goal of the Children’s Fund is to contribute to a nurturing and stimulating holistic educational environment that allows children to realize their full potential. The Children's Fund gives grants that fall into one of the following three categories:
- Education grants provide children with school supplies such as backpacks, stationery items, uniforms, computers, or anything else that contributes to a better learning environment.
- Health and Nutrition grants provide children with hot meals and other health needs, such as physiotherapy and counseling.
- Recreation grants fund art and music supplies, sports programs, and summer camp activities.
Please note the following:
- UPA will only consider proposals from pre-qualified organizations. Organizations must pre-qualify every year to remain eligible to apply.
- UPA accepts proposals for the Children's Fund four times per year. Projects are one quarter (three months) in length and must begin and end during one of the four calendar year quarters (January-March, April-June, July-September, or October-December).
- Organizations may only submit one Children's Fund proposal per quarter.
- Grant amounts will vary depending on availability of funds. The maximum grant amount is $4,000.
The following table lists the application deadlines:
|Project Period||Dates||Form Open||Deadline
|Quarter 1||Jan. 1 - Mar. 31||Nov. 11||Nov. 25|
|Quarter 2||Apr. 1 - Jun. 30||Feb. 11||Feb. 25|
|Quarter 3||Jul. 1 - Sep. 30||May 13||May 27|
|Quarter 4||Oct. 1 - Dec. 31||Aug. 12||Aug. 26|
Payment Schedule for Accepted Proposals
Organizations that submit an accepted proposal will receive their grant in two payments. UPA will disburse the first payment, 75% of the grant total, within a week of the Terms of Grant being signed by both parties. After the organization submits its Project Report (by the end of the 8th week of the project), UPA will conduct a Site Visit and do a Project Evaluation. UPA will disburse the second payment, 25% of the grant total, after it determines that the Project Report, Site Visit and Project Evaluation indicate that the Terms of Grant has been fulfilled. The following table lists important dates:
|Schedule||Week of Quarter
|1st Payment||After both parties sign the Terms of Grant|
|Project Report Due||By the end of the 8th week|
|Site Visit||9th-12th week|
|Project Evaluation||9th-12th week|
|2nd Payment||Varies *|
|* 2nd Payment contingent on UPA approval of partner Project Report and satisfactory UPA Project Evaluation.|
How to Apply
For qualified organizations, click here to submit a proposal when the form is open.