Food Program Grants
The UPA Food Program supports projects that combat hunger and malnutrition among Palestinians of all ages living in the West Bank (including East Jerusalem), the Gaza Strip and refugee camps in Lebanon and Jordan. The following is a list of typical projects, but applicants are not limited to these examples:
- Supporting community gardens which grow fresh produce
- Distributing food parcels to at-risk households, with items purchased in the local economy
- Funding agriculture projects that add needed calories and nutrients to a family’s diet
- Providing meals to children and the elderly at their school or community center
Please note the following:
- UPA will only consider proposals from pre-qualified organizations. Organizations must pre-qualify every year to remain eligible to apply.
- UPA accepts proposals for the Food Program four times per year. Projects are one quarter (three months) in length and must begin and end during one of the four calendar year quarters (January-March, April-June, July-September, or October-December).
- Organizations may only submit one Food Fund proposal per quarter.
- The maximum grant amount is $4,000. Grant amounts will vary depending on availability of funds.
The following table lists the application deadlines:
|Project Period||Dates||Form Open||Deadline
|Quarter 1||Jan. 1 - Mar. 31||Nov. 11||Nov. 25|
|Quarter 2||Apr. 1 - Jun. 30||Feb. 11||Feb. 25|
|Quarter 3||Jul. 1 - Sep. 30||May 13||May 27|
|Quarter 4||Oct. 1 - Dec. 31||Aug. 12||Aug. 26|
Payment Schedule for Accepted Proposals
Organizations that submit an accepted proposal will receive their grant in two payments. UPA will disburse the first payment, 75% of the grant total, within a week of the Terms of Grant being signed by both parties. After the organization submits its Project Report (by the end of the 8th week of the project), UPA will conduct a Site Visit and do a Project Evaluation. UPA will disburse the second payment, 25% of the grant total, after it determines that the Project Report, Site Visit and Project Evaluation indicate that the Terms of Grant has been fulfilled. The following table lists important dates:
|Schedule||Week of Quarter
|1st Payment||After both parties sign the Terms of Grant|
|Project Report Due||By the end of the 8th week|
|Site Visit||9th-12th week|
|Project Evaluation||9th-12th week|
|2nd Payment||Varies *|
|* 2nd Payment contingent on UPA approval of partner Project Report and satisfactory UPA Project Evaluation.|
How to Apply
For qualified organizations, click here to submit a proposal when the form is open.